Eal facilitator certification
EARLY BOOKINGS - 2019 CONFIRMED DATES
Cartier Farms | Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
- April 15th - 19th
- May 27th - 31st
- July 22nd - 26th
- September 30th - October 4th
Dreamwinds EAL Centre | Bradford, Ontario
*** To Be Announced ***
"Spots Are Filling up Fast! Contact Us Today to Hold your Spot in the Next upcoming Certification Course!"
Upcoming Certification CALENDAR
Equine Assisted Learning Certification Program: Cartier Farms welcomes this opportunity to present the first equine-assisted learning certification program recognized by a provincial governing body of the horse industry, Saskatchewan Horse Federation .
For decades, equine-assisted learning has proven to help develop both life and leadership skills for all participants, no matter their experience or ability.
The Cartier partnership spent 10 years researching the lasting benefits of EAL and hundreds of hours developing a user-friendly, flexible, teachable curriculum that others could learn and implement at a facility of their own. During this testing and research the Building Block ™ program was born and its textbook, "At the Heart of Equine Assisted Learning" was created.
The Cartier Equine Centre team then identified the need to transition into teaching others to facilitate the Building Block program. This comprehensive instruction course is known as "The Facilitator Certification Program".
Cartier Farms EAL certification courses have been tailored to meet both the equine and social service industries.
Cartier Farms has partnered with the Saskatchewan Horse Federation to recognize and certify this unique and innovative Building Block™ Equine-Assisted Learning Certification Program © with the express intent of providing a standardized educational format for individuals interested in expanding their knowledge in the industry, as well as increase their business' marketability and income potential.
Cartier Farms' instructors will facilitate, mentor and coach you throughout the program in a supportive learning environment and provide you with numerous opportunities to develop your EAL skills with practical application and hands on teaching. Ongoing support after you are certified is only a phone call away!!
This 5-day course is comprised of two parts - a classroom component and then out into our arena to put our theory to work. Also included with certification is an EAL textbook which includes useful information for the new facilitator to take away with him/her. And should the new facilitator have any questions, we're only a phone call away!
- Covering the Basics
- Understanding Herd Behaviour
- Group problem Solving
- Maintaining Quality EAL Horses
- Briefing & explanation of daily exercise delivery
- Hands on practical application understanding the program & how to produce it
- Facilitating the programs objectives to achieve the outcomes.(planting the seed)
- How each exercise can stand on its own or build upon each other
- Creating safe learning, through evaluation of environment and participant profile
- Recognizing red flags and defusing situations using open ended questions
- The importance of timing and feel (when to move in when to stand back)
- Observation skills: watching body language of horses and participants to allow facilitators to guide the journey
- Maintenance and choosing of lesson horses: re-schooling and assessing suitability to create long term teachers.
Included With Certification:
- EAL Text Book
- Book of 12 Equine Assisted Learning Exercises
- CD with handouts, journals & objectives for each exercise
- CD with youth informational handouts & journals
- CD with activities for youth
- CD with information on starting your own business
- CD with research study information summary and poster (released June 2013)
- Saskatchewan Horse federation membership
- Continued help - just a phone call away!
EAL Certification COST
On-Site Certification (at Cartier Farms)
3500 + 175 (gst) = $3675
Off-Site Certification (call for locations)
4500 + 225 (gst) = $4725
*if you will be coming from out of town, please contact us for accommodation information